Bodhi Meditation has touched and changed the lives of scores of people by working towards building a healthy and compassionate local and global community. Since its inception, Bodhi Meditation has always adhered to the mission of our founder Meditation Master JinBodhi: “to help people achieve health and happiness.” We’re committed to spreading health and happiness in the community through teaching compassion-based meditation methods that are easy to learn and effective in one’s daily lives. Our main focus is on providing free or low-cost community based meditation courses and ongoing facility access and education.
In recognition of Bodhi Meditation’s dedication to the community and to encourage more people to learn meditation, the municipal government of the City of Milpitas designated August 3rd “Bodhi Meditation Day.” This date commemorates the founding of Bodhi Meditation by Meditation Master JinBodhi.
Since Bodhi Meditation Northern California’s inception 10 years ago, we have organized nearly 1,000 free or low-cost meditation courses and nearly 100 large-scale public wellness events. In 2018 alone, Bodhi Meditation Bailian (Milpitas) and San Francisco centers welcomed nearly 200 new students and served over 5,000 people in our various program offerings. Monthly, we serve nearly 3,000 people with our meditation classes, in-center and community-based group meditation sessions, ongoing facility access, education, and year-round activities. Over the past decade, we have served tens of thousands of people in our community.
- On August 3, 1991, Master JinBodhi started teaching in China. Within a 7 year span, more than 10 million people benefited from his teachings.
- In 2005, Master JinBodhi founded “Bodhi Meditation” in Vancouver, Canada.
- In 2008, Bodhi Meditation San Francisco Meditation Center offered its first meditation class.
- In 2009, Bodhi Meditation Bailian (Milpitas) Meditation Center offered its first meditation class.
- In May 2009, Master JinBodhi led fellow Bodhi Meditation practitioners around the globe in prayer for 7 consecutive days in the face of the H1N1 SARS virus crisis.
- In April 2010, in response to Master JinBodhi’s call on behalf of victims of the 7.1 magnitude earthquake in China’s Qinghai province, the global Bodhi Meditation community prayed for the disaster area and donated nearly 300,000 US dollars in relief funds.
- In April 2014, in response to Master JinBodhi’s call, Bodhi Meditation practitioners in the Bay Area prayed for the victims of the 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Sichuan Ya’an. In December of the same year, practitioners also prayed for victims of the largest flood in Malaysia in 30 years.
- On August 3, 2014, the municipal government of Milpitas, California designated August 3rd of each year “Bodhi Meditation Day” in the City of Milpitas.
- On April 26, 2015, in response to Master JinBodhi’s call, Bodhi Meditation practitioners in the Bay Area prayed for victims of the 7.8 magnitude earthquake in Nepal.
- On April 17, 2017, Bodhi Meditation Northern California participated in the annual “Diversity Day” at Intel Corp. in Santa Clara, and demonstrated Energy Bagua Walking Meditation to the audience.
- In July 2017, Bodhi Meditation Northern California established Energy Bagua Walking Meditation practice locations at six community parks, providing local residents with free daily Energy Bagua Group practice locations and ongoing education.
- On Aug 17, 2017, Bodhi Meditation Northern California offered a free meditation seminar to LinkedIn in Sunnyvale to over 60 employees during their Global Finance Summit.
- In May 2018, Bodhi Meditation Northern California began to offer free meditation classes at the Cupertino Senior Center.
- In September 2018, Bodhi Meditation Northern California provided free health seminars to employees at Uplift, a US education charity organization.
Bodhi Meditation is particularly positioned to address the health and wellness gaps in our community. Silicon Valley office workers suffer stress related issues such as poor sleep quality, long-term neck spine pain, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high blood lipid, among other chronic and long-term wellness challenges that reduce people’s quality of living. Through learning our compassion-based meditation methods, many people experience mental growth, open-heartedness and a feeling of connectedness with their family, friends, work community, and larger community. Their physical and mental wellbeing improve, leading to a drastic improvement in their quality of life.
Here at Bodhi Meditation, we work to bring health and happiness to all.
Please join us in bringing love, compassion, health, and happiness to our community!